When things don't work out they just pile up and roll and then get stuck till weekend comes.. On earlier this week the name changing papers came boomeraning back to us requiring my signature.. Well even my liberal/conservative ideas were trotted on.. Why cant my wife change her name to what ever she wants without my approval???? well yes I did feel little empowered by this request, but it just means that the application and unification of our names will be delayed till further notice... which might be into the teens of this decade..
To add to the sauna steam of failed attempts I tried to dissolve collagen... No big deal, according to other researchers it only takes 5min and even less will suffice.. using 10 year old (now suspecting use by date had been some 5 years ago....) NaOCl I incubated for 24h and went to my lab on Saturday. I think I need a raise.. And the collagen was flowing in the wind like beatiful blond hair.. oh..
Weather has been steady negative 20C.. so much so that one day I rode home wearing scarf like the taliban men on TV trying to keep my face from falling off.
Reading for a test has been little difficult.. a book which has series of names ans special features on creatures (bacteria) so small that they all either look like a stick or a ball of some kind is just not so interesting.. and they dont form a whole like organs and muscles and stuff make up a man..
My trip is nearing too, I have not even touched the presentation I already gave here last year... I need to fix the mistakes and things and have one essay to write before going not to mention the exam on microbes.. Enough complaining, I am actually doing really well and next week SEM photos will be great. then the exam will go somehow and I am pretty much off to a warmer climate for a week.
I went to see a commedia based play with Halle, it made me want to go and direct the players.. do some training with them and have them preform something different, but I guess PhD, BA, DDS combo is enough for now.
Monday our good friends are moving from next door, litterally, to mile away.. I am sad. It was so nice to visit just for evening tea, or for a tv show... that is past now.. we need a proper reason for a visit and it is going to cut down our visiting muchly I am afraid.. Hopefully our Meat Clubben manages to meet every now and then though.. to grill, fry and bake good meat..
Oh and one evening, I saw such a funny dream that once I woke up, at 2am, I got straight out of bed and went to our living room and wrote it down on a paper.. it is kind of stand up stuff...so perhaps some day I will let you guys hear it.. but things that are funny in a dream are sometimes just strange in real waking life..
Famous! (for the internet)
10 vuotta sitten
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti