When one gets married or has a boy/girlfriend you refer to the other as the better half.. Well I suppose at least guys do that. I wonder if it is a way to try to make people think better of you as you roll the glory to the other person.. Be it what it may, I had the pleasure to come home after way too long day(..at school doing research experiment with dentin and a blue color, which apparently stains everything..) to my wife greeting me and giving me a kiss at the door. Then like a true Goddess she had some mexican soup made for me. And she had not even eaten herself yet! I was Very hungry and the soup was amazing! No thanks to me, but to my better half.. Who had not only cooked, but cleaned the home! What did I do today?? I wonder..I went to school, sat in the lecture, ate, sat in the lecture hall, transfered my stuff to dental school, cut a tooth into 1,5mm slabs and put some dye on them to see how deep it would go.. then walked home. hmm...not so much, but somehow that all took some 8hours of my day.
Speaking of my research, here is one picture of dentin (the bony material surrounded by the hardest tissue in your body, enamel. and from now on you don't have to wonder why teeth are sensitive, when the enamel has worn off or damaged..)

The photo is taken by my good friend Kyösti at Oulu University SEM lab. It shows dentin which is acid treated to expose the orifices of the dentin tubules. the big grooves on the surface are caused by 500grit sandpaper.. which is very fine.
Oh, I know it is just so wonderfully wonderful to talk about my research subject... so I quit now and go do the dishes... So I can bank at least one task to my "done" things.
P&H
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti