tiistai 4. toukokuuta 2010

Helsinki visit

For one of our credits this spring we were asked to observe the people skills of some real dentists at work..for 3 days. I decided to travel to Helsinki and see how the big city dentists work.. Well they do just fine I think. And the whole course is directed at doctors of not the dental kind.. Because what happens at the dentistry..?? Well, the patient comes in and sits in the chair and the dentist does his/her thing and it is over... then the bill and booking of the new time.. The routine is so direct and already working that there is only slight variation in the pre-operative discussion..
Well anyhow here I am observing away and feeling rather bored, so I talk about everything to my dentist and find out that he actually is my classmate from high school.. how odd.. I can not find the picture of our whole high school students, but he remembers some people that I can kind of remember also... That was really kind of strange and fun at the same time.
The spring is roughly 2 weeks ahead of Oulu here in Helsinki, the flowers are blooming and it is warm enough that on occasion one can hang outside in a sweater rather than a jacket..
I also got to work on my fathers boat for a bit, helping him to build one piece of the noise/insulation for the engine housing. It was fantastic.. I think I really need to do some serious woodwork at some point... it is so much fun and easy..
Well I guess that's about all what has happened here, tomorrow I am already on my way to Oulu and back to the salt mines...

Thanks for everybody who I got to hang out with this short visit, and of course to mom and dad for letting me crash at theirs again!

Pekka

1 kommentti:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

waiting for you back here at the salt mines!