maanantai 22. maaliskuuta 2010

Glasses!


Here is a pic of Halles new glasses:
I think they look great, and yes I know you think the same..:)

It is getting less cold and sunny here..just not warm enough yet though.. I am hoping for some +10C in few weeks..

We started going running in the mornings again with my good friend Niilo. But It looks like his legs are not holding out.. and we might start going for a morning swim instead.. that would be little sad as last year we used to run in the mornings before classes and it was great fun.

Hey here is a quiz I made for Wini and David, as I remeber we talked about if it is possible to tell is thw author is woman or a man by how they write..

Answer in this manner on comments "WWWMMMWMWMMMWWWM..." M=man W=woman..

And no cheating by gooling the quotes or anything like that...

1. "From where she sat, she could see a scene from that future, a square of life, a white woman in brown berating a brown man in very little as she maneuvered three gaunt cows back into their corral. The man in the drama bowed his head and was silent, not understanding too well. The Europeans had introduced the cloven-hoofed beast to the island, they hungered and marauded through the food gardens, obstinately gaining freedom from a pen of wood"

2. "He was a sweet old fool, really; did his best to please her since the test results had shown positive. Her doctor had already contacted the obstetrician in Singapore, even though it was still seven months away. Ricky planned to be with her there for the delivery, provided he had the Setiabidu business wrapped up by then"

3. "The whisk of waves barely scented memories
angelic whispers in a dream
smooth fresh of ancient spirit connections
taste of longing for an ancestral passage
toes in the sand of history
Africa in your skin"

4. "I'm eating lunch at The Asian, deciding it's not that bad, this quiet life, when Newman swishes past with Marie Thomas. I think that's her name. Sweet girl. She was at university with my brother, Tom. they dated for a few months, traveled together through Asia"

5. " It was a damp, mild, cheerless day towards the end of November when I put on my red shoes for the first time once more. Sitting on a bench in Regent's Park, I stretched my feet in front of me and said, "Look, I haven't worn them for ages. I've only got them back now, and you haven't even noticed"

6. "Little Olina travelled by train,
her mother, lost, in Sakhalin,
her father in Siberian camps.
Arms, heads, hands legs."

7. " A few days later I again heard Dawling on my stairs, and even before he passed my threshold I knew he had something to tell. "I've been down to Folkestone-it was necessary I should see her!" I forget wether he had come straight from the station; he was at any rate out of breath with his news, which it took me however a minute to apply."

8. "Day after day as he bent his steps homeward, returning from some new effort to procure employment, Kit raised his eyes to the window of the little room he had so much commended to the child, and hoped to see some indication of her presence."

9. "He was all astonishment as the appearance of my visitor; and at first observed Sir James with an attention which I was pleased to see not unmixed with jealousy; but unluckily it was possible for me really to torment him, as Sir James tho' extremely gallant to me, very soon made the whole party understand that his heart was devoted to my daughter."

10. " "Young ladies don't understand political economy, you know" said miss XXXX, smiling towards Mr. Casaubon. "I remember when we were all reading Adam Smith. There is a book, now. I took in all the new ideas at one time-human perfectibility, now. But some say, history moves in circles; and that may be very well argued; I have argued it myself"

Halle already did the quiz and got roughly half right... so I dont think it is possible to tell if the writer is a woman or a man...

Pekka

Ei kommentteja: