lauantai 9. lokakuuta 2010

Trieste Conference

ADM= academy of dental materials, had their conference in Italy, in a lovely town of Trieste where I also came with my supervisor. On the way here I realized how I trusted him in taking care of me. I didn't know the name of the hotel we were booked to, I did not know where the venue was and how far from the city the airport was.. Well he was good enough to have everything under control. Thanks for that.
Weather has been lovely, little bit windy, but sunny. temperatures around +15C and above, the big regatta is taking place on Sunday and the whole town is all about boats and sailing. I have had a brief chance to walk around the pier and admire some of the lovely boats! There are so many and so different kinds, all polished to fine shine.



The meeting has been great too, I have had a chance to meet so many lovely people and it is humbling to hear some of the researchers talk about the subjects that I have been studying. It's great to see all the faces behind the articles and reviews and created protocols.
I also presented my poster during the poster presentation time and had to face the judges for the Paffenbarger award as my poster had been selected as one of the five finalists. The award was set for students to compete for and out of all the student abstracts 5 finalists were chosen. Thanks to all the hard work and guidance from my supervisor I was awarded a runner-up price!
I also got to have good discussions with people and plan some interesting research projects for the future.
P

Ei kommentteja: